Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Best Kind of Distraction

I was walking to campus today when I suddenly remembered that my middle class, the one right after devotional, was canceled due to our exam, which I already took.


My initial thought:
OOH.  NICE.  I can get a head start on my programming homework.  Right after devotional I'll get to work on that.  And I can even listen to my Frank Sinatra/Dean Martin/Michael Buble Pandora station while I do it.
(Because we all know that Frank Sinatra is the absolute best.)


What actually happened:
All right, let's do this.
Okay, no, I should read a conference talk first.  Just really fast.  I can read the one that we talked about in our Relief Society lesson on Sunday.  Since I've been wanting to read it the past couple days anyway.  I'll just read that.  Really quickly.  Then I'll start my assignment.

Okay, now I finished that.  But I also have really been wanting to read this other one that I really like. Yeah, it's fine, I'll just read that one too.

That was so good.  I have time to read just one more, yeah?  I totally do.  I'll read this one too.


Needless to say, I didn't start on my homework.  Instead, I re-read all my favorite talks from Elder Holland.

And here, have one of my ALL-TIME favorite quotes from the second talk.



No comments:

Post a Comment