Monday, October 8, 2012

No Answer

My heart today is filled to the brim and almost overflowing.

It is very plain to me that the past two days have completely changed my life--and not only my life, but me.  I am different today than I was before 10:00 on Saturday morning.  And I love it.

It's incredible for me to see how Heavenly Father has been guiding me, watching over me, chastening me, preparing me for this crowning moment in my life thus far.

A few weeks ago, I decided what I wanted, what I was ready for, and I had been pleading with Him ever since then for help in getting it.  None was forthcoming.  I was confused because the answer to my pleas wasn't a "yes" or a "no," it was just nothing.  No answer.  And then something else came up, and I went to Him for guidance, and that question also received no answer.  I was worried that maybe I was doing something wrong and wasn't worthy of His counsel.  These were straightforward questions, and there were only two ways they could go.  I could see that as plainly as day.

And then I heard the announcement at the beginning of Saturday morning Conference and suddenly it all made sense.  It had seemed to me that I needed to know, that there were only these two options, but I didn't know that I would be able to serve a mission right now.  That changed everything.  Heavenly Father knew that was coming and He knew that He wanted me to be ready and able right away to start preparing.

I'm thrilled to start the process of filling out my papers and I can't wait to see where I am called.  I'm excited to have the chance to serve the Lord with everything I have and am.  It's going to be incredible, and I am so blessed that my Heavenly Father loves me and wants me to serve Him in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment