Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Anyone Looks Stupid Compared to Him

I think this kid is pretty amazing.  I mean, he's twelve, and he's working on disproving the big bang theory and augmenting the theory of relativity.  He's in college, and starting next semester, he's ditching the books and becoming a paid research assistant.  He's solving some of the most complex ideas of astrophysics, physics, etc.  He has a math IQ of 170.  Wow, Jacob Barnett.  Way to be smarter than Einstein.

My personal victory that makes me feel like I have some intellectual potential is that I understood what he was explaining in this video.  If you don't know anything about calculus (like my mom) you'll probably be baffled by this.  I promise it's just the vocab that confuses you.  It's really not that hard.  I just think it's incredible that it took me some writing and consulting with my brother to understand this and I was taught it by a 12-year-old. 





I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!

2 comments:

  1. This.... makes me WANT to do math.

    I've NEVER felt this before!!!! D: Help me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do I tell you? Calculus is SO MUCH FUN! I used to hate math until I learned calculus. Now it's almost my favorite subject!

    ReplyDelete