Thursday, March 24, 2011

Scholar-ing

I've learned recently that scholarships are some of the most confusing things in the world.  I've gotten conflicting messages, confusing answers, weird stories, all sorts of things that have made me think "AAAH! Why did I ever get myself into this mess?"

Well, today I learned why.

After months of stressing and hoping and having crushed hopes and rebuilding my faith in myself, I have received the BYU Heritage scholarship, which is a 4-year full-tuition scholarship.  As long as I keep my GPA high enough, I won't have to pay a penny in tuition for as long as I am at BYU.  AND on top of this, I have a $4000 National Merit scholarship from my dad's work.  So I really don't have to pay much at all for college.  Only some room and board.  That's it.

I KNOW this is a blessing from Heavenly Father because if anything stresses me out, it's money.  I know He was listening to my prayers and blessed me with these scholarships and the ability to excel in grades and on tests.  I KNOW He loves me!

2 comments:

  1. Lara dear, you kill me, you really kill me. I wish I had your brain.

    OH!I was on spring break and was slightly bored, so I opened up a random story file on my computer and told myself I would work on that until it was finished. Guess what it was? My fanfiction. So, I'm plowing through and hopefully I will finish one chapter before I break my promise to myself. :) will you still be my editor?!

    ReplyDelete