Friday, March 18, 2011

I'm Going to O'Charley's!

Think of a hard test you've taken.  Then multiply that by 100.  Then add a semi-truck load of pressure.  Then add a loss of appetite, an abnormally high body temperature, and nonstop chills.  Add a little more general irritability, almost crying, shouting at your friends, yelling at your favorite teacher, etc.  Then add at least three hours of test-taking to answer 20 problems.
NOW you know what it is like to have experiened the infamous Test Twelve. 

Yes, I did experience all these things from Monday night until Wednesday afternoon.  But now it's over, and I'm thrilled with the results.
Our teacher bribed us to get onto the list of top 15 high scores of all time (he's been teaching for about 18 years) with O'Charley's gift cards (one student's dad works there.)  The top 15 list started at about an 84 or 85.  Being accustomed to reciving much better grades than this, I was scared by the fact that in 18 years, only 15 students had managed to score above an 85 on Test Twelve (I feel like the capitalizations are necessary to illustrate the horror of the test.)
But he had a lot of faith in us, and was sure that our class could do it, if anyone could.

The results?  After the aforementioned misery, I think 11 people from our graduating class got onto the top 15 list of all time.  That's AMAZING.  He didn't have enough O'Charley's gift cards to give out.
And me personally?  As hard as the test was, I was pretty sure I had done decently on it.  And I wasn't disappointed.  I landed a 102.5, putting me 4th of all time.  AND I beat the most brilliant math genius in my class by 9 WHOLE POINTS!  I'm pretty proud of myself.
So my friend and I (she got seventh of all time!) are going to O'Charley's!!!


This just goes to show what some studying and bribery can do for you!

1 comment:

  1. Good job, girly. :) I'm proud of you for surviving that.

    ReplyDelete