Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Snape, Snape, Severus Snape


 For Christmas my family got a set of Hogwarts building blocks.  So tonight we cracked open the set, and after a lot of hard work, experimentation, and creativity, this was born...


I'm awfully proud of it, to be honest with you.  I think it looks quite genuine and I am rather enamored of the little Harry Potter figurine that came with the kit.

I also spent a little time today refreshing my study of the literary masterpieces under the genre of Harry Potter fanfiction.  Or really, just one.  It's called An Unseemly Proposal, by sparx, and I love it.  I really do.  As cheesy and ridiculous as the very idea of fanfiction is, this piece is a rarity.  It is hilarious, with a well-crafted plot and fantastic characters, and I really can't get over it.  Sadly, it is unfinished, and I longingly await the day when there will appear before my eyes a chapter 39.  Of course, it's been something like 4 years since she updated, so it's a foolish hope.  That doesn't mean I even for one second stop hoping it, though.

So maybe I am crazy, but Harry Potter is really, truly wonderful.

3 comments:

  1. That's amazing. I'm proud of you for making this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potter IS wonderful! And speaking of fanfiction...guess what I have for you! That's right! More Zutara fanfiction!!!!! I'll email it to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun gift! I haven't seen the new Harry Potter yet, "gasp"... I know. I can't wait to see it. -Sis Fitz

    ReplyDelete