Monday, January 28, 2013

Dear Jane Austen,

You are an amazing woman.  You have a marvelous wit and originality to your writing that no one else can quite reproduce.  I can read your books time and time again and each time notice some clever turn of phrase that never had manifest itself to me before.

Today, my dear friend, marks the 200th anniversary of the publishing of what is arguably your best-known novel, namely Pride and Prejudice.  Of all your works, I must confess that it is also my favorite.  There is something timeless about the story of Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy that enables me to read it and view multiple adaptations, watching the same story unfold again and again without wearying of it in the slightest.

To me, few things hold more delight than Lizzy Bennet







falling in love with Fitzwilliam Darcy






So, many thanks to you, Jane.  For this  


and for all it inspired.  The world will ever laud the efforts of your pen.

I will ever be
you dearest friend
Lara


No comments:

Post a Comment