Thursday, January 20, 2011

In the mildest language, I adore you.

I finished Season 4, Episode 2 of Lark Rise to Candleford last night, and I must say, there is one thing I can't get off my mind. 

Hints:
(a) It comes from the preview of the next episode.

(b) It's a person.

(c) I cannot take him seriously no matter how hard I try.

If you still haven't guessed it, then here:


It's Mr. Guppy! (His real name is Burn Gorman.) He is delightfully absurd.  I fell in love with him the first time I saw Bleak House, and every other movie he's in just makes me smile. 
But the best thing about his role in Lark Rise to Candleford is that he is a preacher.  He looked so ridiculous in the 45-second preview that I laughed for most of it, and a little more after.   I cannot wait to see him in this role next week!

Here are some more pictures of how absurd he is:




And just because he looks so funny, here's a picture of Mr. Turveydrop.



If you haven't seen Bleak House, I highly recommend it.  It has a great plot, a crazy modgepodge cast of characters, and some really good acting. (The same goes for Lark Rise to Candleford, but that one's a lot longer...)

1 comment:

  1. I NOTICED THAT TOO!!! I couldn't remember who he was at first, and my mom kept saying "Nina, it's Trout!!" At least she remembered he had a fishy name... :P

    I got it after a minute, though. :)

    ReplyDelete