Monday, March 4, 2013

A Thought

I've been told that the greatest learning comes from the most challenging circumstances you face.  

And now that I'm climbing towards the top of a peak in the up and down craziness of my life, I can look back and see how that is undoubtedly true.  

This is from my journal several months ago, during what was definitely the darkest period of my life so far.  

"I know, know so strongly that I would give my life for it without hesitation, that I am a daughter of my own Heavenly Father.  I know He loves me, know that He sees in me the constant effort and desire to be better, to work harder, to strive to do my best.  I know He sees my true regret when I make mistakes and go wrong, when I’m lazy or rebellious, when I don’t do what I know I should.  And I know that every time He looks at me, He sees the still fully possible potential that I possess to become like Him, infinitely compassionate, omniscient, omnipotent, filled to the brim with mercy and love for all of His children.

"I know He wants me to be happy.  He doesn’t want me to despair or give up hope.  Not ever, not for any reason.  He is always standing with open arms to help me back to Him, every time I stumble or stray.  In His eyes, there is always a reason for me to keep trying, because He wants me back, and it doesn’t matter, does it, what anyone else thinks or says or does, because He wants me back with Him, and that’s enough reason to try over and over again, enough reason to get up every time I’m drowning, lost, crippled, or blind.  He has the infinite power to heal me, and He has offered that power to me as many times as I may need it."

What else can I say?

"I say unto you, that there shall be no other name given nor any other way nor means whereby salvation can come unto the children of men, only in and through the name of Christ, the Lord Omnipotent." (Mosiah 3:17)

I am thankful today for the learning that has come to me from a great deal of suffering, and for the fact that I would go through the pain over again because of how wonderful are the things I learned from it.



No comments:

Post a Comment