Saturday, September 24, 2011

Homesick for Provo

This weekend my roommate Emily and I took a trip up to Salt Lake City.  She's a convert, and today was the one-year anniversary of her baptism.  She had never seen the Salt Lake temple before, so we decided to go on her special day.  We got to walk all around Temple Square and see the Joseph Smith movie in the Legacy Theater.  It was an awesome spiritual experience being able to discuss the gospel with her and feel the beautiful peace that abounds on temple grounds. 
Here are some beautiful pictures of our fun adventure:

 The Christus statue in the Visitor's Center.


 Posing on the wedding picture pedestal in front of the temple!

 The reflection pool--my personal favorite!

This picture was taken by the cutest couple who had just gotten married in the Salt Lake temple a month before.  They were so nice and fun to talk to!



What I learned:  The gospel is AWESOME.  It really is.  I love having friends who feel the same way I do about the temple and the scriptures and the prophets and apostles.  And...Provo is the best.  When I saw the Y on the mountain and the SWKT, I just felt like I was back home.  ...I LOVE college.


P.S.  Although we did take 2 buses and a monorail there and back, we did not get lost!  We both consider this a monumental personal acheivement.






3 comments:

  1. Congratulations again to Emily! We, Lara's remote family, are jealous that we could not have joined in the experience. How fun!

    p.s. We are impressed that you successfully navigated the trek. You're ready to fly home alone in December, now!

    p.p.s. You may not be surprised to know that we found a misspelling in the last word of your post. ;) "i" before "e"... You know what sticklers we are for correcting typos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful. And I'm so happy for your roommate. :) She sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lara, what awesome photos!!! We miss you, but look at how happy you are with your cute friend! It seems like college life agrees with you. -Sis Fitz

    ReplyDelete